Friday, August 8, 2003

Fast food causes stupidity!

And you don't even have to eat the stuff... Just working near it is enough to lower your IQ to that of a cerebrally challenged ostrich!

In my quest for the delicious banana-chocolate milkshake I once had a fast food restaurant nearby, I decided to try Jack In The Box, since I couldn't recall which fat franchise I'd found them at. So I drive up to the speaker and upon looking at the menu, I see they have a strawberry-banana shake. Hmmm, that's pretty close and I know these places tend to rotate their specialty shake flavor now and then, so this may have been it. Word for word, this is how my simple milkshake question went:

guy: "Hello, can I take your order?"
me: "Well I have a question. Did you have chocolate-banana milkshakes?"
guy: "Yes, would you like small, medium or large?"
me: "You still have them? But it's not on the menu anymore."
guy: "Oh, chocolate-banana, no we don't have that, we only have strawberry-banana."
me: "Okay, well, did you used to have chocolate-banana though?"
guy: "We only have strawberry-banana and regular chocolate."
me: "Yeah, I understand that, but did you have the chocolate-banana at one time?"
guy: "Uhhhh...... [long pause] we don't have chocolate-banana."
me: "Okay, you obviously don't understand me through the speaker... Gimme an Oreo shake and I'll ask my question at the window."
guy: "Thank you, anything else?"
me: (mumbling) "The phone number of the monkey you sold your brain to."
[I drive through to the window and watch the guy fill up my shake making sure he doesn't spit in it or something]
me: "Okay, I understand you don't have the chocolate-banana NOW. I only want to know if you USED TO have it, like a long time ago, like a year ago. I got one near here once and I can't remember if it was Jack In The Box or Carl's Junior that had them. I only want to know if this is the place that DID have them at one time. Do you understand my question now?"
guy: [smiles and laughs nervously] "Oh, I see now, heh." [walks away and doesn't return]

WHAT THE SHIT!?!?! Was I speaking Medievil Latin? This guy was completely 100% utterly confused by my question about milkshakes. I just pray I don't run into a lobotomized sloth at the drive-thru when I try asking my question over at Carl's Junior.

*sigh* Why are stupid people still allowed to breed?

No comments:

Post a Comment