Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Inspiration, or just plain weird?

Somewhere around 8 months ago or longer, I bought some Amaryllis bulbs from Home Depot. I never got around to planting them and had instead tossed them into my storage shed and forgot about them. Recently I went in there to get something out of it, and noticed that one of the bulbs had sprouted and even bloomed. Yes, in pitch blackness with no soil or water. It was just sitting there on top of a pet carrier. Now that's determination damnit! But the cool part was that though the flower itself was the nice brilliant red that it's supposed to be, the stem was as white as the driven snow! The picture below is about two days after I discovered this and planted the bulbs, and already a slight greenish hue had begun to creep into the stem. I guess it just goes to show that if you really want to do something, nothing can stop you, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment